ICOS is currently in the process of recruiting a Legal and Governance Executive.
The Role of the ICOS Legal and Governance Executive will involve:
- Overall responsibility for maintaining linkages on governance and relevant legal issues with ICOS member co-operatives based in the South.
- Familiarity with the provisions of the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1893 – 2014
- Advising co-ops on the rules governing the management of societies
- Advising directors and officers in our member co-ops on best corporate governance practice
- Preparation of policy positions for ICOS in regard to board size, composition, remuneration and other best governance practices
- Participation in leadership and governance training programmes with directors and potential directors of co-operatives
- Engaging with national and EU authorities on governance and other regulatory matters;
- Familiarising management with legislative changes relevant to commercial businesses, particularly in regard to regulatory and competition law issues
- Communicating any relevant regulatory/legal changes to colleagues and members via memoranda and newsletters.
- Writing press releases when necessary and follow up to with press to ensure coverage
- Promoting the values and principles which characterise a co-op business
- Development of a good working relationship with relevant officials dealing with business start-ups in various state and semi state institutions
- Promoting member relations and efficient representative structures within co-ops
- Advising on the establishment of new co-operative business start-ups
- Travel and some night meetings is a feature of this position and thus a clear driver’s licence is essential
- Having good analytical skills with the ability to identify relevant sources of information and distill key issues from them
- Having the ability to communicate complex information to non-specialists both orally and in writing
- Having good interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
27 Sep 2019
11 Jun 2019
30 Oct 2019