EUROPEAN AFFAIRS OFFICER
The Irish Co-operative Organisation Society Ltd (ICOS) is the central representative organisation for farmer controlled co-operative businesses in Ireland. Our members play an important role in all aspects of the Irish Food Industry with combined sales of over 13 billion Euro in 2014.
A highly motivated, articulate European Affairs Officer is now required. The person appointed will:
- Provide information on European policy and related issues to ICOS and our member co-operatives
- Contribute to policy development
- Represent the policies of ICOS and its member co-ops to European Institutions and other organisations
- Liaise with the members of ICOS on European matters
- Act as a link between ICOS (and our member co-ops) with European businesses and organisations
The person appointed will be based in Brussels and will be responsible for the Brussels office of ICOS.
- be a graduate in a relevant discipline
- have very good communication skills
- have a good knowledge of agriculture and public policy
- be competent in a second working language of the EU
Closing date for applications is 20th January 2016.
Candidates should send curriculum vitae (CV), career and salary details to:
The Plunkett House
84 Merrion Square
21 Nov 2023