Co-operative Development Executive
The Irish Co-operative Organisation Society Ltd (ICOS) is the central representative organisation for farmer controlled co-operative businesses in Ireland. Our members and their businesses play an important role in all aspects of the Irish food industry with combined sales of over 12 billion euro.
ICOS is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, articulate Co-operative Development Executive to support the development of the co-operative business model within the agricultural and rural economy.
The successful candidate will be required:
- To develop and promote co-op rural development policy within ICOS
- To assist existing members of ICOS on matters related to co-op rules and legislation
- To assist in general policy development in other co-op sectors
- To recruit and advise new rural groups with the potential to start a co-op
- To develop a good knowledge of co-operative law and governance
- To be based in Dublin and travel from time to time to all parts of the country
- Be a graduate in a relevant discipline, including business and/or law
- Have at least three years’ post qualification experience
- Have very good communication and computer skills
- Have a good knowledge of agriculture, rural and public policy
- Have some familiarity with co-ops and preferably have an agricultural background
- Have a strong business and commercial focus
A competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 11th November 2016
Candidates should apply via email in strict confidence and attach a curriculum vitae (CV), covering letter and salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org
21 Nov 2023